For any warranty or product specific literature please check out our information center
June 06, 2013 2 min read
With all the chatter about new construction and eager buyers battling for a limited housing supply, it’s easy to overlook the uptick in remodeling activity. Believe it or not, not everyone is looking to move.
When it comes to making upgrades, nothing can refresh a home like a new kitchen or bath. (Or both!) Over the past decade, each room has gone from mainly functional to decidedly premium. These are the areas where homeowners are really willing to invest for quality and style to make their home feel modern and elegant.
Professional Remodeler recently mixed its research with the findings from the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Home Design Trends Survey and the National Kitchen and Bath Association’s (NKBA) 2013 Kitchen & Bath Style Report to create a list of the top 15 kitchen and bath design trends.
1. Kitchens as social space, furniture-type cabinetry
2. Cost-effective, unfitted bathrooms
3. Transitional kitchen and bath styles
4. Emergence of quartz countertops
5. Color palette favors grays
6. White cabinets and blending finishes
7. Darker finishes, changing depths and heights
8. Undermount sinks create extra space
9. LED lights and reflectivity
10. Glass, ceramic, metal backsplashes
11. Creative use of ceramic and porcelain tiles
12. Increase of touch-activated faucets
13. Satin nickel, bronze, oil-rubbed finishes
14. Larger showers, better amenities
15. Pinterest & Houzz influence designs
Trend No. 1 — the kitchen as a social space — might be the most exciting for building pros, because it presents a truly interesting design challenge. As one builder told Professional Remodeler, “Kitchens have become the new living room, and as a result, they are more unique and collected in terms of finishes and vocabularies. I love hearing people talk about how important their kitchens have become to them, not just for cooking, dining, and cleaning, but for just hanging out with friends and family.”
FIND OUT MORE!
Grand Banks 978-281-2421
Comments will be approved before showing up.
September 21, 2021 4 min read
Our goal is to provide you with as much information as possible. Our newsletter is full of tips, inspiration and featured projects. We promise to only send you interesting things and never share your email with anyone else.